Web Applications: How it’s different?
Web applications are a form of websites which are combined with dynamic server side programming. They are more functional and user friendly. It becomes way easier to interact with users, connect to back-end databases, and generate results according to the browsers.
Web Applications Development Life cycle
Web Application Life cycle means developing the web application and the process of involving multiple teams who will be engaged in the process of such development. It differs from one organisation to another.
But it can be broadly classified into two standard models such as SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) and Agile Software Development Model.
- SDLC is a more traditional approach or process of software development or web application. It includes research to identify, define the requirements of the application, information, analysis, architectural design and blueprint specific to it, team role, programming, bug fixing, testing implementation and maintenance.
- Agile Software Development Model is in reality not a process, but more of a philosophy. The practices focus more on collaboration of teams of people involved in the development process. It still includes research, project management, architectural design, programming, implementation, testing on the go, adaptation and maintenance.
Development Process: Web Applications
Web Application Development Process is a practical procedure and an approach in the development of the application.
The following is a list of procedures or suggested documents which can provide a good outline to that will assist in developing Web Application:
- A Roadmap document defining the purpose, goals and course of the web application.
- Researching the scope and security of the application.
- Defining Audience Scope
- Security Documents, Development Methodology and Growth Planning Document
- Creating a document for Functional Specifications and Features
- Project management and team collaboration.
- Technology selection and specifications.
- Illustrative blueprint of the architecture and Structure of the applications, Server Hardware, Software Selection, etc.
- Third Party Vendors Analysis such as payment gateway, SSL certificate, server provider, web analytics software, etc.
- Visual guide for the application to be designed, design layout and interface, wire framing.
- Database Structure Design and the development of application thereafter.
- Testing and Maintenance
Web Applications Testing
Testing is one of the most important parts of developing web application process. Dedicated personnel or manpower and time are required for testing.
Some of the most common task for testing web development process is as follows:
- Bug testing
- Quality Assurance
- Browser Compatibility test
- Application Security
- Load and Stress Testing
To read more log onto: http://globizs.com