A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is a secure digital key that is issued by the certifying authorities for the purpose of validating and certifying the identity of the person holding this certificate. Digital Signatures make use of the public key encryptions to create the signatures.
A digital signature certificate (DSC) contains information about the user’s name, pin code, country, email address, date of issuance of certificate and name of the certifying authority.
DSC can buy by any individual or organization. Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate is applicable for Indian nationals and foreign nationals both. There is no such limitation or restriction to buying DSC, provided that they should meet verification guidelines and conditions.
Why do I need Digital Signature Certificate?
A Digital Signature Certificate authenticates your identity electronically. It also provides you with a high level of security for your online transactions by ensuring absolute privacy of the information exchanged using a Digital Signature Certificate. You can use certificates to encrypt information such that only the intended recipient can read it. You can digitally sign information to assure the recipient that it has not been changed in transit, and also verify your identity as the message sender.
Benefits of a Digital Signature Certificate.
Authentication: Helpful in authenticating the personal information details of the individual holder when conducting business online.
- Reduced cost and time: Instead of signing the hard copy documents physically and scanning them to send them via e-mail, you can digitally sign the PDF files and send them much more quickly. A Digital Signature certificate holder does not have to be physically present to conduct or authorise a business.
- Data integrity: Documents that are signed digitally cannot be altered or edited after signing, which makes the data safe and secure. Government agencies often ask for these certificates to cross-check and verify business transactions.
Authenticity of documents: Digitally signed documents give confidence to the receiver to be assured of the signer’s authenticity. They can take action on the basis of such documents without getting worried about the documents being forged.
Where can I use Digital Signature Certificate?
You can use Digital Signature Certificates for the following:
- For sending and receiving digitally signed and encrypted emails.
- For carrying out secure web-based transactions or to identify other participants of web-based transactions.
- In eTendering, eProcurement, MCA [for Registrar of Companies efiling], Income Tax [for efiling income tax returns] Applications and also in many other applications.
- For signing documents like MSWord, MSExcel and PDFs.
- Plays a pivotal role in creating a paperless office.
In Manipur Non-Government, Government organisations and individuals are using Digital signatures (DSC) to secure their data and efiling. Globizs Web Solutions PVT. LTD. certified IT company in Manipur provides DSC In Manipur. Globizs provides DSC in Manipur after proper verification.